Safety and Precautions
Is Formula kart racing at Maine Indoor Karting safe?
Yes! MIK goes to great length to be the safest, fastest premier facility in Maine.
- Our karts are expertly maintained and our tracks strictly managed.
- Our karts include roll bars and seat belts.
- We provide all drivers with state of the art safety equipment, including race suit, full face helmet and neck brace.
- Our track marshals strictly enforce track rules and regulations.
- While this is real racing and there are inherent risks, we minimize the possibility of injury by paying close attention to safety in our racing facilities.
- We answer all your questions in the MIK Frequently Asked Questions
We take Your Safety SERIOUSLY
- We don't take chances at Maine Indoor Karting with your safety and well being.
- We don't mess around- we WILL call 911 at the first sign of an injury.
- We want you to have expert medical attention in the event you need it- your safety and health comes first.
- Air Quality is also important at Maine Indoor Karting. We have a highly efficient air ventilation system capable of completely exchanging the air every 10 minutes limiting carbon monoxide in the air you breathe while racing.
- See how serious we are about safety, read our FAQs.
- Before racing, every driver must attend a safety briefing 15 minutes prior to his or her first race of the day. Drivers are instructed on proper kart operation and the rules and regulations of safe racing.
- We also offer Professional Driving Instruction, for those who want to learn to drive better and faster. Call M.I.K. for info.
What should I wear?
- You should wear comfortable clothing when you come to race (casual pants are recommended). We provide racing suits, helmets and neck braces. Open-toe shoes are not permitted while racing.
Medical Disclaimer of Maine Indoor Karting
For safety reasons, people with the following should consult a doctor BEFORE participating in kart racing:
- Neck or Back problems
- Heart condition
- People who should not be in a stressful or physically demanding environment
- Absolutely NO ONE under the influence will be allowed to race the karts
Join the E-Traction newsletter.